Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

In Memory of:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Memory of:

L/Bdr Keith Richards, Gunners Alan Ayrton, William Beck and Simon Evans of 16 Regiment, Royal Regiment of Artillery. On 16 December 1979, those Gunners were on mobile patrol on the Ballygawley Road near Dungannon when a terrorist landmine exploded killing all four.
    On the very same day, a soldier from 2 Para, Pte Peter Grundy, was killed by a booby trapped bomb at Tullydonnell, near Forkhill, and to end this day of death, Mr James Fowler, an ex member of the UDR was murdered by terrorists as he was driving his mobile fish and chip van at Omagh, county Tyrone.
    Always remembered .... Never Forgotten. R.I.P.
    You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Never read a truer word jock, always remember the four gunners even though I wasnt a drop short I was on that very road a few hours earlier

Comment

There but for fortune as the song says, I was just lucky to be in a pig when we were attacked by an ied, we will never forget them.
      Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel...
        Because those that matter, don't mind.
        And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

I popped over to Gnr Ayrton's last resting place today. Had a quick "chat" with him. I took my soldier son with me.

Comment

Well done Issy. I take it there were no tributes left from any family members.

Comment

Originally posted by Jock2413 View Post
              Well done Issy. I take it there were no tributes left from any family members.

Nothing had changed but I am over that way later today and I will check again.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X