Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Const Karl Blackbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Const Karl Blackbourne

While sitting in in armoured police car, doors open on a hot summer's day. Karl had left Training College only a few weeks before.
    A hand grenade was thrown into the vehicle; with the greatest of respect and in the sense of mercy, hopefully killing all three officers immediately.
    However, just to be sure, a man who I cannot name walked up to the vehicle and gave the coup de grace to the three officers, then walked away calmly.

Rest easy lad, and your comrades. Never Forgotten.

Be who you are and say what you feel...
    Because those that matter, don't mind.
    And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

Stevie, I play the name and shame game on this site, but I understand your reasons. I think I know who you are on about, but not his real name. If I knew that, I wouldn't be shy about posting it.

Rest in Peace Karl along with your comrades Sergeant Peter Kilpatrick and Constable Charles Allen. 26 July 1986.

You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Jock, it's open 'knowledge' but the same guy has walked free three times now.
        I'd hate to think I would predjudice any attempt to get him a fourth time.

If I can correct my own post - it was early when I posted, and I was still waking up - the grenade apparently did not go off after the murderer walked in and shot them at close range. It was later defused by Felix.

Comment

You are right Stevie, and I would not want to be the one who allowed him to slip the net again. But the question has to be asked....why is he being allowed to get away with it.
          You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Working...
          X