Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

never forgotten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• never forgotten

always find it hard at this time of the year on 24th Oct 1976 i was involved in an ambush in the Ardoyne were 5 of us were shot in a land rover resulting in 3 fatal casualties 2 died from there GSW's were as the 3rd one which i find amazing is not recognized because he suffered with PTSD which was not acknowledged then and he went on to commit suicide. how many others are there out there and how many more possibly are there going to be in the future

Allthe best mucker take it easy .

Comment

Hatty, I remember only too well what happened that day. I was going to post it in this thread when I remembered that there was a NIVA member (yourself) who had been there at the time so thought to leave it to you.
      The day after this tragedy, because I was with the Brigade Task Force, I was sent with my section to Flax Street Mill on a temporary attachment to 46 (Talavera) Battery until some 32 Regiment lads went through the NITAT "school" at BK. So for about a week, I was callsign 22E.
      Hatty, can you contact me through the "Private Message" as I have some info which will interest you.

Gnr Anthony Brian Abbot, age 20, of 46 (Talavera) Battery, 32 Regiment RA, killed in action in the Ardoyne, Belfast on 24 October 1976.

Gnr Maurice Murphy age 26 of 46 (Talavera) Battery, 32 Regiment RA, died of wounds inflicted during the same incident, on 22 November 1976

Rest in peace lads. Never forgotten.
      You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

R.I.P. lads WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

Comment

RIP lads

Comment

Comment

Comment

Visit tree 49/189 @ the NMA and say hello.

Comment

RIP.

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel...
                    Because those that matter, don't mind.
                    And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

Working...
                    X