Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

July 1972

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 1972

My last week in Belfast.
    During this week I honour the following:
    Corporal KENNETH CHARLES MOGG 13th July 1972
    Lance Corporal MARTIN ROONEY 13th July 1972
    Private HENRY JOSEPH RUSSELL 13th July 1972
    Private JOHN TECWYN HERBERT WILLIAMS 14th July 1972
    Lieutenant ROBERT WATKIN WILLIAMS-WYNN 14th July 1972
    Driver PETER HEPPENSTALL 14th July 1972
    Fusilier KENNETH CANHAM 14th July 1972
    Private DAVID ANTHONY MEEKE 17th July 1972
    Kingsman JAMES JOSEPH JONES 18th July 1972
    All the above were murdered within a mile or two of where I was, and at the time, I never knew.

Even after all those years, the casualty list is still hard to grasp.

We Will Remember Them.
    You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

The casualty lists really do reveal a brutal bloody war which was almost hidden from the media's and the overall populations radar. Never again, please........

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel...
        Because those that matter, don't mind.
        And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

97 people killed in July 1972; it would have been 100 but 3 of the Claudy victims lived until the first week in August.

Comment

I was in between tours and news did seem a bit sparse especially re military casualties. I do remember prees catching pm Ted Heath offguard as he came in from sailing his yacht off Cowes and asking him what he was going to do about the problem in NI to which he replied, " There is NO problem in Northern Ireland " yeah, ok.
            Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

not the best year of my life.........R.I.P. to all murdered by cowards.....

Comment

Heath sailed whilst Belfast burned. Apologies to the author of 'Nero fiddled whilst Rome burned.'

Comment

Originally posted by kenskydiver View Post
                  Heath sailed whilst Belfast burned. Apologies to the author of 'Nero fiddled whilst Rome burned.'
                  That was a book all about the roman legions written by Kennos Whartimus Aquaplanus (Ken The Waterskier)
                  It was written on thousands of stone tablets which now form the foundations of The Colliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadHorse View Post
                    That was a book all about the roman legions written by Kennos Whartimus Aquaplanus (Ken The Waterskier)
                    It was written on thousands of stone tablets which now form the foundations of The Colliseum.
                    ......so thats where he is, i had better tell local council not to drain the lake looking for him, thankyou.....

Comment

God sent unto Moses as he ascended Mout Sinai: 'Here are the Commandents, Moses.' And Moses asked 'How much are they?' God replied: 'Why, they are free my son.' Moses responded: 'I'll have 10!' 4F was there and can confirm this.

Comment

And it came to pass that Aquaplanus did walk upon the waters
                        And the people that saw it said "Look at that ***** walking upon the water"
                        Whereupon the one with 4 digits did give him the sign, and the sign was one finger.

Comment

What a hell of a price we paid for that s**t hole.

Comment

Working...
                          X