Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

FS Jan Robert Pewtress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS Jan Robert Pewtress

In memory of RAF Crewman FS Jan Pewtress who died 26 Nov 92 along with Sqn Ldr M Haverson, Flt Lt S Roberts, Maj J Barr and Pte B Jones as a result of the mid air crash between their Puma and a Gazelle at BBK Mill. We must also remember the two aircrew in the Gazelle both of whom were injured and no doubt still suffer to this day as a result of this tragic accident. The rules for flying in and out of BBK were changed after this event as it could have happened so many times before when you take into account the number of aircraft operating in and out both day and night with no air traffic control on a see and be seen basis. I for one thought at the time, 'there but for the grace of God go I'. May they RIP We will remember them.
    Huge
    In memory of Sgt Dave Rigby (72 Sqn) 25 Oct 85 and FS Jan Pewtress (230 Sqn) 26 Nov 92. May they rest in peace, both Crewmen who have \'Slipped the surly bonds of Earth\'

A tragic accident.

R.I.P.

We Will Remember Them
    You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

RIP Never forgotten. We don't always remember the sacrifice of the RAF as far as Northern Ireland is concerned, as it was always seen by the public and press as a 'soldiers war'.
      The thanks we always gave to our RAF 'bus drivers', who took huge risks dropping us off, (and those pick-ups), in SA, sometimes in terrible conditions, gives testimony to this. The soldiers lives that were saved by the Wessex crews in my time, following an ambush or whatever, must list into the hundreds. And no camo for them, their aircraft were painted bright yellow!

Comment

o7 R.I.P. o7

We Will Remember Them

Comment

Working...
        X