Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Private Errol Pryce, DWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Errol Pryce, DWR

Notice in the Sheffield Star, 26/1/13, "In Memoriam":

"PRYCE
    Pt Errol

In loving memory of Pt Errol Pryce, son, brother and uncle. Born in Jamaica, died in Northern Ireland 26/1/80. Gone from our home but not from our hearts. We will always remember you!"

Buried in City Road cemetery, Sheffield,picture taken last year.

Visit tree 49/189 @ the NMA and say hello.

We Will Remember Them.
    You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel...
      Because those that matter, don't mind.
      And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

Comment

We will remember them

Comment

I remember Errol extremely well a good lad always cheerful and a happy lad I served in the same rifle company as him in 1DWR for a while then he did the Mortars cadre and did really well so transfered to the mortar plt..he was shot on The Falls if I remember rightly gunned down by a machine gun team the old M60 shot to sh** a right mess we have a reunion for the lads a couple of times a year in Halifax all the fallen from all the conflicts get a mention (and quite rightly so)..As you say gone but never ever forgotten..

Comment

According to the records, Errol was shot by a sniper whilst on patrol on the Whiterock Road on the edge of the Ballymurphy Eastate and near the Falls Road junction. When I was over last year, I tried to pinpoint the exact place but didn't have enough information so I settled for the junction and stood and had a silent minute for the lad.

Comment

Well done Jock, we will remember them all.
                Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

Pte Errol Pryce

Originally posted by The Pattern View Post
                  I remember Errol extremely well a good lad always cheerful and a happy lad I served in the same rifle company as him in 1DWR for a while then he did the Mortars cadre and did really well so transfered to the mortar plt..he was shot on The Falls if I remember rightly gunned down by a machine gun team the old M60 shot to sh** a right mess we have a reunion for the lads a couple of times a year in Halifax all the fallen from all the conflicts get a mention (and quite rightly so)..As you say gone but never ever forgotten..
                  Errol was a you said a good lad. I served with him and was there on that fateful day. He shot by a sniper at the junction of Falls Road/Whiterock Road and not on the edge of Ballymurphy, if I could I would show you the exact spot where he fell. He was taken to RVH and died there of his wounds.

Errol will always be remembered by the guys who served with him.

Comment

By the looks of things, I was standing at the right spot.
                    Because the whole area comes under the BT12 postcode, nowadays most people class the whole area as Ballymurphy. What you knew as Springhill, Westrock etc has totally changed. All the old flats are gone replaced by modern houses. Still a bit of a rabbit warren. The streets we knew as "the Rocks" still look the same and you won't believe how much those old houses are valued at.
                    Progress, paid with the blood of lads like Errol.

Comment

Visit tree 49/189 @ the NMA and say hello.

Comment

We had a jamaican lad with us at sunnyside st in 71,Winston, to us he was just one of the lads, we ate in the same mess, slept in the same converted garages, the only time any question of his dark complexion came up was when we were putting cam cream on for night foot patrol and he laughed at us as he did not need any. Someone suggested he needed some on his eyes and teeth, he said all he had to do was close his mouth and eyes and he just disappeared in the dark. Do not know where he is these days but ethnic origins mean nothing when we are all DPM coloured.
                        R I P Errol
                        Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

I'll be jiggered if I didnt know an Errol too.
                          He was a Dvr RCT and he didnt like the cold - got charged for refusing to take his greatcoat off on a BAOR winter exercise.
                          A couple of hours after being charged he saved the life of a recce mech who was trapped under Errols 4 tonner when a jack gave way on the ice & trapped him underneath. Errol lifted the truck and dragged the lad out (God knows how).
                          REME bloke died twice in the chopper on way to hosp but survived in the end.
                          Bugger! Just remembered his name was Chris. Chris Earl. Still, close, eh?

Comment

Working...
                          X