Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Lest We Forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lest We Forget

In memory of those we lost in the South Atlantic 30 years ago.
    Rest easy lads your duty done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99EfO...eature=related

Be who you are and say what you feel...
    Because those that matter, don't mind.
    And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

Despite the extreme dificulties they encountered, the inferiority of their kit, and the questionable tactical decisions made on their behalf, these men of the Royal Navy, the Royal Airforce and the British Army showed the world that Britain could still fight & win.
      Much respect

Comment

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_McKay

From Rotherham...
          Visit tree 49/189 @ the NMA and say hello.

Comment

Comment

x255.
              You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Other than the major world powers, no other country would have dared to take on and win an operation on this scale. It takes a combination of bloody-mindedness, the belief that one is right, and a touch of inspired lunacy to pull this kind of thing off. Our empire may be no more; our history fades into the memory; but the British will not be bullied or browbeaten by people who clearly don't know what we are about.

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
                  Other than the major world powers, no other country would have dared to take on and win an operation on this scale. It takes a combination of bloody-mindedness, the belief that one is right, and a touch of inspired lunacy to pull this kind of thing off. Our empire may be no more; our history fades into the memory; but the British will not be bullied or browbeaten by people who clearly don't know what we are about.
                  Hear hear!
                  "Any statements I make while using this website are purely of my own opinion and are not to be construed as statements of fact and are not said with any intended malice. My opinions are a reflection of my earned right to freedom of expression and speech and do not necessarily reflect that of NIVA."
                  Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

For those who fell in battle; for those who were wounded and those who still carry the unseen wounds.
                    And to the wounded lads who I had the honour of knowing at RAF Chessington, June 1982 and dates afterward.

Comment

Working...
                    X