Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Visited the grave and memorial to these fallen guys last week in Cornwall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike: Thanks for this; I thought that the official figure was 128, although, as you know, I have identified 172. Incidentally, would love to use part of your last post (public perceptions); would that be ok with you, please?

Comment

Thanks Ken, you are indeed a star! By the way, did you manage to visit the Westminster GOR last year especially after our hard and bitter fight with the RBL? I really am determined to visit it this year!!

I owe you mate!!!!

Switches

PS. By the way, I have listed an incident which affected my brick in Dungannon back in 77. It can be found by scrolling down page 1 on my company website. (The Lest We Forget site as listed in my signature) If you ever wish to include in any future additions, please feel free!!!

Comment

Ken, as usual mate, feel free to use anything I write on the NIVA site which refers to Op Banner.
        You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Switches, along with some others from NIVA, I attended the UDR service at the GOR on the Saturday. It was noticed that there was now a campaigns plot commemorating GSM type conflicts since WW2. Each conflict had a separate marker. We held a short service and planted a large cross on behalf of NIVA.
          It's a step in the right direction towards our ultimate aim, a separate plot. I think the way to go is softly softly and we will get what we are after.
          This year, it is hoped that a few more lads who are down for the Cenotaph march and any others who happen to live nearby will be able to make this a bigger occasion. The more attention we attract, the better the chances of getting our own plot.
          After the NMA, I will be posting something official about this. It can tie in with Phil's arrangements for the Sunday.

Comment

Mike

Thanks for the use of that; usual credits ok?

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X