Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

15th June 1988 - Lisburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job Chalky. Well done mate. I like the tribute. Never seen that done before with the NIVA cert. One to remember for future use.
    Rest easy L/Cpl Green.
    You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Originally posted by Chalky1962 View Post
      The ROSM of the local (Bangkok) British embassy very kindly allowed me to pay my respects, and took the photos, today for LCpl "Des" Green RAOC. Respect and commiserations to all those affected - LRIP and Lest We Forget.

That is fantastic, nice one Chalky mate.

I'm sure the lads and Des are looking down on you and thanking you buddy for remembering them.

R.I.P. Lads.
      79 Squadron RCT The most Elite regiment of the british army

sigpic
      Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Comment

Nice one Chalky.
        In memory of Private David James McCahill
        The Gloucestershire Regiment.
        In memory of Gunner William John Marks
        91st Field Regiment. The Royal Artillery.

Comment

Well done that man.
          Be who you are and say what you feel...
          Because those that matter, don't mind.
          And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

Thanks Jock: I printed it off this website, laminated it, bought a picture frame, cut the certificate to fit the frame, took the pins off two blank poppy pins and attached them to the two top corners, took the key ring loop off three poppy key fobs and attached them to the bottom of the certificate, bound the frame twice each vertically and horizontally with green garden wire (and then tied that lattice in place at the back of the frame so they wouldn't slip), then I attached some large silk/nylon poppies (these have approx. 8cm wire stems) along both sides of the frame and lastly attached a small wooden poppy cross with Des's name added to the top of the whole item, replacing the standard small poppy with another large silk/nylon poppy. I am the long-standing Bangkok Poppy Appeal Organiser so the supplies were no problem.

It took a whole day to make however I am very satisfied with the result and both hope and trust that Des's family will approve. I retired to a local hostelry afterwards and raised several glasses to Des and the others, and their families - the landlord gave me a 50% discount and is also one of our top bars for raising funds during the annual Poppy Appeal.

Comment

Hope you treated yourself to a well deserved cold beer after that mate.m
              Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

Smart as a carrot.

Comment

Brilliant piece of work Chalky. Proud of you! Des would be too, as will the family.
                  “Some must be warriors, that others may live in peace. ”
                  ― Mercedes Lackey

Comment

A wonderful tribute indeed.
                    In memory of Private David James McCahill
                    The Gloucestershire Regiment.
                    In memory of Gunner William John Marks
                    91st Field Regiment. The Royal Artillery.

Comment

Working...
                    X