Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Martin Abildgaard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Abildgaard

A year ago today my friend Martin Abildgaard of the Danish army was killed by an IED whilst on patrol in Afghanistan.

A seriously nice lad with his head properly screwed on who loved his job.

RIP mate.
    "Any statements I make while using this website are purely of my own opinion and are not to be construed as statements of fact and are not said with any intended malice. My opinions are a reflection of my earned right to freedom of expression and speech and do not necessarily reflect that of NIVA."
    Sic transit gloria mundi

I've recently read a book written by retired Lt Col Stuart Tootal about his Parachute Battalion's tour in Afghanistan during 2006 when it really kicked off over there. The only NATO unit to serve alongside them were the Danes. Someone recently posted the casualty list of the various countries who have troops there. Proportionally, Denmark's is higher than ours so those lads are up there amongst it.

R.I.P. Martin
    You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Just read Doug Beattie's book about his last tour of Afghanistan; he was also supported by a couple of Dane tanks.

Stand easy Martin

Comment

Working...
      X