Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Bosnia, Kosovo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosnia, Kosovo

There is no mention on here reference Bosnia/ Kosovo. 2 Royal Anglian lost a good officer Captain steve wormald in 1994 when his lanny ran over a landmine. He was ex 3rd bn a pompadour foxy, his plaque is in the Essex Regiment chapel in warley, essex.

Bosnia and Kosovo where ****holes, in the darkest days early 90's. The camp was like a quagmire and diesel was in the water. A dump, lived like rats out there!

I was the Regt Int Sgt for 36 Engr Regt in Bosnia in 1994 we were based in the TOM Factory in Gornji Vakuf, I actually visited the site where capt Wormold was killed, I still have the photos somewhere, only a picture of the track and a small crater, if I remember rightly he was only 23 with a wife and small child, he was being shown around the area by the officer he was taking over from, who actually survived the strike.. We also lost 2 people out there, Barney Wharbutton killed disposing of an improvised TV bomb and Barry Nicholas killed during a demining op, may they all rest in piece and never to be forgotton

Comment

Take off is optional, landing is mandatory.

Comment

RIP! widnesmanc, we was in vitez. I got op grapple 4 vid and it has all the fallen at the end and a small picture of spr barry Nicholas. We also spent some time at the metal factory in GV, and Jelah up north where we got mortarted. What fun and games that was.

Comment

went to ploce in 95 as part of the UN, 2 anglians where there as well.
          we lost a lynx and 5 blokes around V J Day.
          wee mac

Smallest man in NATO. ascendit stilla, numquam vastate duplici

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel...
            Because those that matter, don't mind.
            And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

Hiya mate, I think I've got the grapple 4 vid somewhere aswell, the bit where the bridge was blown up in Mostar I actually filmed, one of the better jobs I did.
              I used to travel quite often up to Vitez that place took a bit of a hammering. We also used to go up north to Bugonjo where we used to get mortered and shelled, exciting times. Myself and the RSM actually got shot at up in Kupres aswell, and I just remember us both running off laughing our heads off (Nervously I might add)

Comment

Yes it was a mad place Bosnia.We got mortared up jelah near Bugonjo. Wee mac, yes that was 1 R Anglian the vikings where the camp was flooded. I was 2 R Anglian Poachers may- nov 94. Took over from Coldstreamers, guards that is. I remember also on a checkpoint coming under mortar attack running down the road all piling into a 432. We was at vitez school, hearing mortar alarm like being in world war 2.

Comment

Originally posted by weemac View Post
                  went to ploce in 95 as part of the UN, 2 anglians where there as well.
                  we lost a lynx and 5 blokes around V J Day.
                  Ploce Weemac, what a lovely camp that was !

As for the lost a lynx and 5 blokes, bless their hearts. R.I.P.

Were you there when is pis*ed down so much that all our tents, green maggots, in fact everything got swept away by the river of water ?
                  I remember the crappers floating off too spilling the contents into the water !
                  Were you with us Weemac when they sent us up the coast to split ?

Amen
                  79 Squadron RCT The most Elite regiment of the british army

sigpic
                  Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Comment

the raf went up the road to makarska, our colonel decided that staying in the swamp surronded by floating faeces would brings us all together better....so we stayed put........
                    wee mac

Smallest man in NATO. ascendit stilla, numquam vastate duplici

Comment

I was working at the Borallon Correctional centre in 94, a lot safer with a better class of people. This is just an observation but it seems to me we had less trouble before the wall came down and USSR collapsed, the cold war was mostly something for the seppos to sell arms to thier allies.
                      I mean no disrespect to those who fell, I salute them and hope they rest in peace.
                      Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

Working...
                      X