Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Gunner Cyril Macdonald and Craftsman Colin McInnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Gave me a fright, this popping up here as there is a post by Frenchy, then I looked at the dates. We will never forget them.
      Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Jock2413 View Post
        It's that time of year again.
        R.I.P. Lads.
        It is always 'that time of year' for someone, somewhere.

Comment

40 Years

It will be 40 years on December the 15th when we heard the explosion at Papa 8. The drive through the streets in the landy from the base is something I will never forget. The sight that greeted us when we arrived is still imprinted on my memory. In a strange twist of fate I am now a priest and will be holding a service on Dec 15th to remember my mates. To all my old comrades from 42nd Workshops I still remember you and may God bless you.

Comment

Hang back another 3 days mate because it happened on the 18th December. I was also there, but not a member of 42 Regiment, and saw the immediate aftermath. I didn't know Colin but knew "Daddy Mac" as I think did most Gunners in the Royal Artillery who served in the 60s and 70s. He was one of life's characters.
            It was a bad tour for your Wkps as another of your lads took a round to the shoulder in the same incident where Gnr Mark Ashford was killed on 17 Jan 1976. Luckily, his flakjacket absorbed most of it.
            You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebell2 View Post
              It will be 40 years on December the 15th when we heard the explosion at Papa 8. The drive through the streets in the landy from the base is something I will never forget. The sight that greeted us when we arrived is still imprinted on my memory. In a strange twist of fate I am now a priest and will be holding a service on Dec 15th to remember my mates. To all my old comrades from 42nd Workshops I still remember you and may God bless you.
              Godbless yerself Bluebell2
              “Some must be warriors, that others may live in peace. ”
              ― Mercedes Lackey

Comment

Visit tree 49/189 @ the NMA and say hello.

Comment

Rest in peace guys.
                  In memory of Colour Sergeant John Michael Morrell - my big brother, my hero.

Comment

I am sorry that I missed this post, having been away from home for a few days. RIP Brother Gunner and Craftsman Colin McInnes.
                    “Some must be warriors, that others may live in peace. ”
                    ― Mercedes Lackey

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel...
                      Because those that matter, don't mind.
                      And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

Stand easy gentlemen. Duty done

Comment

Working...
                        X