Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

The NIVA Toast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 years a correctional officer, looking back through old officers note books, I had 3 christmas days off.
    Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

Had two Xmas tours, must be honest and say I enjoyed it there, mind you, we did spend most of the day both times in the GCH getting served by senior ranks and hossifers. Xmas Eve 76 we did a 16 hour shift of footsies/mobiles and standby which ended at 08.00 Xmas morning, we drove in just as the BSM was going for a shower and he wasn't amused at the tinsel we'd wrapped around the cheese cutter. We had time for a ****, shower, shave and an egg banjo, got changed into civvies and were transported to the gin palace by some kindly RCT bods. It was really good to catch up with mates from the Mission Hall we hadn't seen for a while including George and that was the last time I saw him, explains why I get a little depressed around this time I guess. By the time we got back in the afternoon we were ready to knock out some Zs...
      Visit tree 49/189 @ the NMA and say hello.

Comment

Working...
      X