Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

dhofar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmy, if I could be so bold as to post the following:

We are the Pilgrims, Master; we shall go
    Always a little further; it may be
    Beyond that lost blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

To all those for whom the clock stopped.

R.I.P.

No welcome flags for those who fell
    For where they served no one could tell
    St Martin's fields is where they're bound
    Eternal rest beneath the ground.
    You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

I did that trip twice in a Hunter and a Jaguar. Better than sex!!
      Jimmy

Comment

It would have to be Jimmy, because there was no chance of the real thing.....unless you fancied a friendly goat.

Comment

Jocks first wife, as submitted to Readers Wives.

Comment

Dhofar local having sex with goat.

Comment

My first wife was from Ballymurphy and turned into a right old dragon in knickers, not a sheep in sussies. Then again, she did win best of breed at Ballygobackwards annual show. All in good fun of course. She might read this and track me down with a rolling pin.
              Jock2413
              Site Guardian
              Last edited by Jock2413; 03-03-2012, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Does my soul the world of good reading some of this stuff. Can't find the picture of the girl with the goaty, and as for the guy in the Ballymurphy watching the funeral parade with the Tojo fella dropping his pistol. Same thing happened to me when a guy dropped his 9mm staring at me asking what shall i do??? Try picking it up ya ****. We have woman at work know as the 'premenstral scorpion"

Comment

Originally posted by Eggy View Post
                  A book some of you may find interesting due to the stories origins being Dhofar, the book is mainly centered around the years 1977 - 1990 and it's contents is a true account that followed the conflict in Dhobar.

The Feather Men

Author Ranulph Fiennes ( himself a former SAS officer )

In the years between 1977 and 1990, a group of hired assassins know as the clinic tracked down and killed 4 British soldiers, one at a time, 2 of the victims were ex-SAS. All 4 had fought in the Arabian desert.

The Feather men were recruited to hunt the clinic. Without their intervention more soldiers would have died. At the end of their operation they asked Ranulph Fiennes, one of the world's best know explorerers and himself a former SAS officer, to tell their extraordinary story....

The Feather Men is the first account of a secret group with SAS connections - still unacknowledged by the establishment , who set out to achieve their own form of justice, and how in September 1990, they finally got their result.

I found what you put interesting Eggy.
                  I googled it and found this ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Feather_Men

I think either it will always remain a secret or someone is telling big porkies !
                  79 Squadron RCT The most Elite regiment of the british army

sigpic
                  Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Comment

Its not true and has been promulgated by the guardians of the myth. I would go as far as to say it is not porkies in a malicious sense but a story to build up egos and keep the 16000 wannabe SAS men that turn up every year on remeberance day parades, Rubbish.
                    Pretty warm here today expecting 25 degrees in our area alone. Put yer hats and don't forget to do up yer top buttons. Don't go to work stay in bed.
                    Jimmy
                    ps one of the elites regiments is 9 Sqn RE soldiers that can fight and build at the same time.

Comment

Well said Jimmy. I think I already posted this on the site ..... but the SAS must have been the biggest Regiment in the British Army its got so many claiming to be ex members. Personally, I can't understand it. To have served is enough to be admired. It should always be remembered that without the tail, the teeth can't bite.
                      As to the weather, I met a brass monkey today carrying a small bag. He asked for directions to the local welding shop.

Comment

In June 2010, Alice Clarke, the daughter of SAS soldier Major Mike Kealy whose death is depicted in The Feather Men at the hands of The Clinic, spoke out, saying that her father had died during an endurance exercise in the Brecon Beacons in 1979. Describing Fiennes' claims as "disgraceful", she stated that her mother had confronted the author at the Hay Festival, and he had admitted to her that the story was a work of fiction.

Comment

Hi Guy's sorry to butt in.
                          but i started this, in memory of all those who fell during the Dhofar war.
                          i no that i went of track a bit and that's why till now i have not posted again.

jimmy if you look back through the months, all those you have posted have already been mentioned.
                          if this is of interest to you, search Mina al Falal Cemetry.
                          all the brits are buried with the nationality of "Arab"
                          all fallen SAS were flown home.

Comment

Happy new year love this little picture. I put the names up basically to give the dates.

Comment

Working...
                            X