Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Northumberland /Newcastle grave visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balmoral Road is off Boucher Road, not far from Kennedy Way and the old Musgrave Park Hospital Where were you headed for when it happened.
    Sadly, there were quite a few RTAs involving fatalities caused by an excess of alcohol. But on the ROH, we don't go into any detail apart from the location if known. But I could use which Signals Regiment he was with.
    You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

28/03/1985

Originally posted by Jock2413 View Post
      Balmoral Road is off Boucher Road, not far from Kennedy Way and the old Musgrave Park Hospital Where were you headed for when it happened.
      Sadly, there were quite a few RTAs involving fatalities caused by an excess of alcohol. But on the ROH, we don't go into any detail apart from the location if known. But I could use which Signals Regiment he was with.
      We were leaving the New Forge heading back to Thiepval barracks heading towards the Kings Hall
      We were a part of 233 Signal Squadron
      I am going up there next werk to pay my respects and will photo the grave and sign at cemetery

Comment

Know where that is mate. Cheers for the info on unit and look forward to the photo.
        You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Working...
        X