Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

National Police Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEST WE FORGET

bobc.............

Comment

I passed on attending one of my own Regimental Association events yesterday in Armagh having been invited to attended a Service of Remembrance at Police HQ in Belfast. They invite me every year and I never refuse. I can attend my own Regimental Services, Parades & events at any time, so it's always an honour and privilege for me to be invited and to attend this Service. As always, it was held in the small RUC Memorial Garden ... there's a small water feature that runs from the top to the bottom of the Garden. On one side are the Memorial Stones with the names of those USC and RUC officers who were killed on duty, and on the other side of the 'stream' are shrubs and trees. These are not colourful, but there's a reason for that as was explained to me a few years ago when I first attended ... the shrubs represent 'disorder', while the opposite side represents 'order' ... in this case the Police, and in particular the RUC. As the only military unit to be represented I'm honoured to be able to lay a Poppy Wreath in memory of our colleagues and those who worked, served and lived (and died) alongside us.

I don't know if other Constabulary's throughout Britain hold small Acts of Remembrance such as this at their locations though.

In Memory of all Police Officers from all Constabulary's

We Will Remember Them

Comment

On Sat. in my home town I mentioned to A policeman what Sunday Was
        sadly he did not know what I was talking about.

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

Comment

Today is National Police Memorial Day so can I ask that you spare a minute for those officers from the following forces that died as a result of the conflict:

Royal Ulster Constabulary (GC)
          Police Service of Northern Ireland
          Ulster Special Constabulary
          Belfast Harbour Police
          Metropolitan Police
          North Yorkshire Police

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

Comment

We Will Remember Them. o7
            You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

We Will Remember Them
              Suaviter in Modo Fortiter in Re

Gentle in Manner Resolute in Deed

Comment

To all the ruc men and women who lost their lives in the conflict,REST IN PEACE ,and also, to all the ruc men and women who were maimed and wounded in the conflict,and lastly, to all the men and women of the ruc and their familys who were mentaly scarred by the conflict. you wont be forgotten.o7

Comment

we will remember them
                  wee mac

Smallest man in NATO. ascendit stilla, numquam vastate duplici

Comment

o7o7o7
                    Be who you are and say what you feel...
                    Because those that matter, don't mind.
                    And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

Working...
                    X