Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

L/Cpl Richard Davis Royal Corps of Signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L/Cpl Richard Davis Royal Corps of Signals

Guys I have some one trying to find the Resting place of L/Cpl Richard Davis Royal Corps of Signals. The only information I have is 1979 RTA Portadown. Any Ideas. I cannot find him on our list's. I now have is regimental No 24055499.
    Last edited by Guest; 17-12-2013, 12:44 PM.

Hi mucker. The spelling of the surname is DAVIES. We have him on our Roll of Honour. He was killed in an RTA on 25 February 1979. Unfortunately, as yet, I've been unable to find where he is laid to rest. He is listed on the MoD's roll of NI fatalities and is on both the Memorial Wall and the Roll of Honour.
    Naturally I will continue to try and find him, but if you have any info that can help, like where he came from, that would be handy.
    You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Morning Jock. Thanks for that I will try to find out where is was from. I have also come across RFM James ( Ginger ) Meredith from Notts he is not on our list of burials. He was killed on the 26/06/1972 in Derry He was 2nd Bn Royal Green Jackets. As I work in Notts when I get back to work in the new year I will try to find him.

Comment

As you have probably noticed, the list posted in the Burials is nowhere near complete. Unfortunately, there are hundreds where their last resting place is not recorded and we depend on information passed on by folks who have personal knowledge of this. In the case of military funerals, the one thing that is common is that they were attended by other service personnel unless the family requested none. So apart from the family, someone, somewhere knows.

Comment

Thanks mate As we have now been instructed to photograph and make a note of all MOD Graves in the east midlands and the east coast I will be able to cross reference them against our burial list. this will start in the new year and the first county we are in is Leicestershire.

Comment

Terrific mate.

Comment

Working...
            X