Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

D/Insp Peter Augustine Flanagan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D/Insp Peter Augustine Flanagan

D/Insp Peter Augustine Flanagan

Died 23 August 1974, aged 47

Peter was a Catholic and was hated by the IRA even more for that reason . He was born in a Police Stn in Beragh not far from Omagh . He father was a Police Sgt. So he follow his Fathers foot steps into the RUC.
    He became a member of Special Branch gathering intelligence on Republicans and Loyalist terror groups. This made him a Prime Target for the IRA.
    He drank in Broderick's bar it was his norm to have his lunch time drink in there.

A Police Office who did his duty was killed by men who want a Lawless land
    you can rest easy Peter you duty done others still carry the flame .

Rest easy, officer.

One of those who shot D. I. Flanagan was also involved in the murder of Pte Eva Martin. He was jailed for life for these and other offences.
    He later became an agent for the Security Services.

Comment

We Will Remember Them

Comment

lest we forget
        In memory of Sgt Anthony Stephen Butcher
        my dad my hero
        sua tela tonanti
        tree number 2995

babybio18@nivets.org.uk

Comment

"WE WILL REMEMBER "

Comment

Yes spot on Steve he was also the man who ran Carrickmore while was in Omagh . He order the bomb near my Qtr . He wrote a book call The Informer which is always with me. It is one way of looking my devils in the eye. The man's name is Sean O' Callagan . Would I like to meet him yes so I can say you failed on that one . I know he has said sorry for Eva death to her husband. She was never the target it was not a nice feeling for him. I think it could have been one of the turning points for him.

Comment

I'm sure I told you this before, but the very same Mr. Sean O'Callaghan was given a safe-house here in Ballymena at one time. He was, believe it or not, a so-called "security advisor" to David Trimble when he was leader of the Ulster Unionist Party ... so in many ways I think they were well matched, both devious. He might still be in that position, I'm not just sure, but I know he was up until last year as he was tagging along with them as they entered the House of Commons, where he was actually speaking to a group of Politicians. Would I like to meet Sean O'Callaghan ... I don't think he'd like that one little bit Would I trust him ... I don't think so :twisted: I read his book though quite some time ago and from what I can remember I think it was a good read.

Comment

Working...
              X