Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Stephen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WILL...DO.....RITA.

Comment

.........will do rita,john............

Comment

Will be thinking of you all on Friday.

Bob & Suzy

Comment

I wll keep you and John in my thoughts and prays a little bit more on Friday Rita .

Comment

Same here.

Comment

im thinking of you both this day........

Comment

Thank you Trackie. We are going out to lunch with our son, his wife and little daughter to celebrate Steve's life.

Comment

THINKING OF YOU RITA AND FAMILY THIS DAY BIG HUGS....

Comment

Thinking of you all today,Rita

Tonya & Fred

Comment

[b]THINKING OF YOU BOTH ON YOUR SONS' DAY.
                      I know we are hours in front but this was sent on the 24th.
                      Take care.

Comment

Hi,

First post on here.

I served with Stephen in 3rd RHA, but left the regiment prior to his fateful tour. I did however have the pleasure of being Guard commander of the Easter rear party Guard in 96 at Topcliffe. Stephen was I recall one of my NCO I/Cs on that rear party duty, and as I remember he was a young but very professional soldier who could always be relied upon to get the job done.

I was extremely saddened to hear of his murder, but at least have the knowledge that Stephen was a committed and concientious man who died doing what he believed to be an important job.

I myself have suffered problems from my tour to Keady in 92 and still do, but am in the process of rebuilding my life.

I have recently started re-attending Remembrance day parades that I previously avoided as they brought back too much pain.

When I do attend, I always spare a thought for those I know who are no longer with us due to enemy action. My thoughts are with their families also.

Be proud of your sons and daughters - they gave their lives in the hope of peace.

P
                        Ex C Battery, 3rd RHA

Comment

Rita saw you on the BBC news this morning, it is nice to put a face to name, may your son rest in peace.

Micky M ex2LI

Comment

The clip was part of two hours of interview that BBC West Midlands did about a week before the ceremony. I had no idea that it would be shown so often before the actual ceremony. I think a separate programme or News item went out on BBC West Midlands on the day with other people being interviewed as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X