Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

no markers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no markers

jock, i've posted 3 pics on the gallery , Smith N W, and Hardy G S, have no markers, i made inquiries about Gary Hardy , his plaque was not renewed in 2010, a small plastic plaque only last 5yrs, (i think the goverment should step in and provide a lifetime plaque for what these boys have given) perhaps a petition needs to be got up so it be brought up in parliment, i think thats London covered now, i'm going to do some work in Bucks soon, so if there is any outstanding there let me know.

Keep going mate, you will get there, good work.
    Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

Cheers mucker.
      I have come across stone markers from cremations in Tidworth Military Cemetery. They are small flat stones about 1 foot square. I agree with you, all the lads who were cremated should have a permanent marker, not a plastic one that has to be paid for every 5 years.
      As to Nicky Smith, I will get in touch with a couple of ex 2 RGJ lads and let them know, and perhaps Padre might be able to use his contact at the LI museum to sort out one for Gary Hardy.
      I'll keep you posted.
      You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Just to let you know that the situation with Nicky Smith's plaque has been resolved and it will soon be back where it belongs. A very quick result compliments of the RGJ brotherhood. They pass on their thanks for letting them know about it.
        Padre has been in touch with the LI and awaiting a reply.
        You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Working...
        X