Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

RMP and Gurkha killed in Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMP and Gurkha killed in Afghanistan

One soldier from the Royal Gurkha Rifles and one member of the Royal Military Police killed in Afghanistan

ArticleOne soldier from the Royal Gurkha Rifles and one member of the Royal Military Police killed in Afghanistan
    A Military Operations news article
    8 May 09

It is with great sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm that one British soldier from 1st Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles and one member of 173 Provost Company, 3rd Regiment, Royal Military Police, have been killed in Afghanistan.

The two Service personnel were killed as a result of a suicide improvised explosive device during a patrol in Gereshk, Helmand province, yesterday afternoon, Thursday 7 May 2009.

Spokesman for Task Force Helmand, Lieutenant Colonel Nick Richardson, said:

"With heavy heart we report another extremely sad situation, where lives of our courageous soldiers have been sacrificed for the greater good of the Afghan people.

"Our deepest and heartfelt sympathies go to their families and loved ones and we offer our thoughts and prayers to them all at this most painful and distressing time."

Next of kin have been informed and have requested a period of grace before further details are released.

Source:

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/De...fghanistan.htm

Rest in peace soldiers.

Gordon Brown - Hang your head in shame!

Comment

Now maybe the Government might just understand why we all think the Gurkha's have the right to live in the UK ; if they can die for us then I'm bloody well sure they can live with us.

RIP LADS

Comment

Well said Crosby, but I am sorry I let political sentiment creep into this tribute post. Please discuss the issue on another thread.
        Again, I apologise.
        Ed

Comment

No apology neded...I am sure we all thouhjt it.

REST EASY SOLDIERS, YOUR DUTY DONE

Comment

No apology needed here Frenchie ... I've just read the post and was going to write the same thing myself.

We Will Remember Them

Comment

I heard this myself just a few minutes ago after a friend sent me a text message to tell me of the deaths.

Hands are dripping with blood this day.

Comment

Update

The MOD have named the two soldiers as Sgt Ben Ross RMP and Cpl Kumar Pun RGR.

RIP

Comment

Working...
                X