Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

In memory of Lance Bombardier Kevin Waller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit tree 49/189 @ the NMA and say hello.

Comment

I was at North Howard Street Mill where Wally and 1WFR were also based. I got to know Wally well and we were never surprised to see that Wally had drawn pictures on the sides of our pigs!.....we were stunned when it all happened and gave whatever support we could to the rest of the lads. I went to hospital to visit a couple of lads who were injured in the blast.

RIP Wally
      John
      Royal Corps of Transport
      .......Be the Best

Comment

Rest peacefully.
        In memory of Colour Sergeant John Michael Morrell - my big brother, my hero.

Comment

In memory of Private David James McCahill
          The Gloucestershire Regiment.
          In memory of Gunner William John Marks
          91st Field Regiment. The Royal Artillery.

Comment

“Some must be warriors, that others may live in peace. ”
            ― Mercedes Lackey

Comment

Visit tree 49/189 @ the NMA and say hello.

Comment

Hello, I was one of the 10 volunteers that went to West Belfast with Kevin Waller from 50 Missile Regt. I did not know Kevin personally as he was the only NCO out of the 10 and was based in a seperate missile battery to me, I was in HQ. I would like to say that Kevin left a lasting memory with 50 Missile Regt and they named a sports cup after him called the "Waller Cup". I remember we all had a very hard time in the space of 11 days in which Kevin and two Woofers lost thier lives and also two young boys from the divis flats. I was at Springfield Road Police Station and was on Guard duty when the Woofers lost one of their guys. I know his name but i am unsure if I can mention it on this website. If anyone would like any additional info i will do my best. Regards Jock C

Comment

Our Fallen are beyond the cares of Persec Jock. Just the opposite in fact.
                  If you browse through our ROH you will find the names of all those who were murdered on your tour.
                  They are listed by name, by cap badge, and by date so as to make finding them a simpler task.
                  Good to see you posting mate.

Comment

1 WFR lost two other lads on that tour, three in 11 days. Tragic time for this unit.
                    Pte Martin Jessop, killed by a terrorist RPG attack on Springfield Road RUC base on 20 September 1982.
                    Cpl Leon Bush, killed by a terrorist bomb at the security barrier on West Circular Road on 27 September 1982.
                    You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

April 03 Gazelle XX460 NAV Aldergrove - Palace Bks TOP COVER West Belfast 6.0 hrs Day 0.4hrs Night.

Divis Flats 1985
                      JB (94).jpg
                      RIP. Gone but never forgotten.
                      Time to spare, go by air!

Comment

Jock . Greetings. If you are who I think you are, you were in th COs rover group along with frank cain, binksy barks, mac mcgovern etc.
                        I was also at Springfield road police station and remember those days very clearly. I still my have my copies of rampages and the book that we were given at the end of the tour, the one with all the photos of all the companies and tac hq and echelon

Comment

Hi Pal,
                          Sorry just went on here for a nostalga trip not been on here for years. Hello to you, I am Jim Collins and yes i was with the COs landrover group along with Colin Mitchel from 50 Missile. I remember all the guys you mentioned, especially Binksy as he was into his 6 pack lol and could not wait to show everyone his stomach. Anyway I am now 54 years old and have two sons 17 and 15. I remember when we were are Springfield road and pvt Jessop was RPGd. I was there at the time. Can you give me a reminder of who you are pal. I liked the woofers and it was a refreshing change to get away from 50 missile (miserables) lol. Good to here from you and thanks for the reply. Also Cpl Bush and Kevin Waller..sad days. All the best to you. Cheers Jim

Comment

Nice to see you drop by Jock c, just a suggestion , send personal info by pm for persec. We will not forget Kevin.
                            Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

“Some must be warriors, that others may live in peace. ”
                              ― Mercedes Lackey

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel...
                                Because those that matter, don't mind.
                                And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

Working...
                                X