Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

L/CPL STEPHEN RUMBLE and KINGSMAN SHANLEY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L/CPL STEPHEN RUMBLE and KINGSMAN SHANLEY

L/CPL STEPHEN RUMBLE 1 Kings Regiment in the year of our Lord 1979, Killed by a pira sniper while sitting in his landrover with KINGSMAN SHANLEY, who also died a week earlier from wounds received during the same attack.

Rest in peace Kingo's

Comment

Lest We Forget

Comment

Never Forgoten

Rest easy lads
        John

Comment

Lest We Forget

Comment

Rest easy Kingos. Always remembered.

Comment

rememberance

We will never forget them.
              Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

Chris and Steve

Frenchie

Ken Wharton here. I deal with this tragedy in my second NI book ('Bullets, Bombs and Cups of Tea') and took a photo of the spot where they were murdered. Please e-mail me on ken_wharton@hotmail.com if you would like me to send you a copy of the pic.

I have also had the pleasure and honour of meeting Karen and Stevie.

Warmest best wishes

Comment

Ken,
                  I can't remember if I got around to thanking you for the pics.
                  Thank you.

Thinking about Marcel (Jimmy) Doglay today. It brought it to mind.

Comment

When they were dedicating a memorial to the Kingsmen who had fallen in NI I had the honour of meeting many of the parents of those men who had lost their lives. The Duke of Westminster did the unveiling in St Johns Gardens. and as far as I know he paid for the memorial.
                    It was on a Sunday morning and the weather was sunny and warm.
                    Being a Sunday the center of Liverpool was unsually quiet. The turnout was very good and at one point they fired a gun salute. Not sure of the calibre but it was extremly loud. The report set off every car alarm for miles around...it was like a flock of wailing banshees. all at different pitches and tones. The seriousness of the ocasion was momentarily forgotten as everyone began to laugh.
                    Then we all repaired to the Penny-hing pub and got gently drunk.
                    It was a day I still recall with clarity...a mixture of sadness, pride and tinged, as always in the Liverpool fashion, with a touch of humour.
                    Bless them all.
                    Sam V
                    'Both victory and defeat are bought at the same cost'

In memory of L/Cpl Micky Robbins RE.

Comment

We Will Remember Them

Comment

lest we forget
                        In memory of Sgt Anthony Stephen Butcher
                        my dad my hero
                        sua tela tonanti
                        tree number 2995