Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Pte George Crozier (23) GH 23 August 1971 Parish Church of St Mary, Sledmere, near Dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pte George Crozier (23) GH 23 August 1971 Parish Church of St Mary, Sledmere, near Dr

Hi Guys
    We visited Sledmere church yard the other day and found that the grave of Pte George Crozier in a poor state , It is loose in its base and the base is broken and it needs cleaning. Today I asked my boss if the next time we are in the area which will be in the next couple of weeks if we could replace the base and give it a good clean. The answer is yes we can sort it
    So if you get any complaints about it in the next couple of weeks then you can tell them it is in hand
    I know that we at the CWGC can't sort them all as we would like but we will do our best.

Well done you lads. That's what it's all about.
    If you can, a before and after photo would be good. I'd like to send it to General (Rtd) Sir Richard Dannatt who served with the Green Howards in the early 70's and ended up as their commanding officer. He still has a strong connection with them and I think he might be a handy ally in our campaign.
    I've not long finished reading his autobiography "Leading from the Front" and he definitely has no love for those mandarins at the MoD.
    You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Great stuff Stagsman, have one on my tab in the bar! (Just initial it DH) :
      “Some must be warriors, that others may live in peace. ”
      ― Mercedes Lackey

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

I will take Photos mate no problem should be in the next couple of weeks

Comment

Cheers mucker.

Comment

Well done that man.
              Be who you are and say what you feel...
              Because those that matter, don't mind.
              And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

Well done indeed
                wee mac

Smallest man in NATO. ascendit stilla, numquam vastate duplici

Comment

Well done Stagsman
                  Take off is optional, landing is mandatory.

Comment

Great work Stagsman
                    In memory of Private David James McCahill
                    The Gloucestershire Regiment.
                    In memory of Gunner William John Marks
                    91st Field Regiment. The Royal Artillery.

Comment

Guys we are in Humberside from Tuesday so we will be in Sledmere to sort out George's Headstone and grave space

Comment

Cheers mucker. Before and after photo please.

Comment

Great work (again) Stags.
                          “Some must be warriors, that others may live in peace. ”
                          ― Mercedes Lackey

Comment

Headstone refixed in new base but not cleaned it needs time for cement to go off. When we dug it out we found it was only held in place by the soil around it so no wonder it was loose. I will post photos when I get home on Friday. We will clean the stone next time we are in the area. I know that the Chairman of the Green Howards association Tony Warriner is going to ask the Local branch in Beverley to look after Georges grave space

Comment

Well done mucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X