Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Hi - and welcome to the new NIVA site

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
    webmaster
    Webmeister

• Hi - and welcome to the new NIVA site

From all the NIVA Administrators, welcome.

Well, it's finally happened and we've taken the plunge to update the site with new software which will be more secure, easier to administer and better supported.

So I thought I'd take this opportunity to take you through a few things you might find useful, we've tried to keep the overall experience familiar and recognisable, whilst offering new and improved features for our members.

The first thing you'll notice of course is this new CMS (or Community Management System) that takes over these front pages, now of course you can bypass this and head directly for the forums by clicking the link in the main taskbar above. This will take you to what should by now be very familiar territory. The forums have been directly exported from the old system once that went on hold and imported to this one. You should log into this system with your usual NIVA username and password.

You can see we now have a "Blogs" section which any forum member can access and write to, we've retained the open access for the "In Remembrance" area so anyone can come and see and reflect on comments left there, links to the "newish" Roll of Honour and Galleries are also available from any page in the site. Please also check out the FAQ section in the "Forums" area links, it's a standard text but will take you through the basics of posting etc.

There are a few things to note however, you might recall I posted an explanation of what we are doing, and minimum requirements for you web browsers. Please consider upgrading as your experience will be degraded somewhat without, go see the thread in the "Site Information" forum for recommended browsers and links.

Please remember you can always send a PM to Grimster, or indeed e-mail webmaster@nivets.org.uk if you get stuck or need any information and I'll try my best to help you out. If you think it's something everyone will find useful, feel free to post in the Problems area of the Website Stuff forums

Please go explore, and enjoy.

Thanks,

The Admin team.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Highlander10
      tis a wonderful place to be when theres no where else to go! nice and tidy.
      Talking about Norway then, are we??? Oh, and welcome aboard Jock.....

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Well done to all the folks working in the background

headhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      good job stand easy well done carry on.
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
X