Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

11/11/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/11/08

I'm not going to be a work tomorrow as I have decided to go to our local memorial in Derby with my other half to pay our respects at the 11th hour of the 11 day wearing our NIVETS emblem proudly.

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM !!!
    Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war,
    Once a Poacher always a Poacher.

I am doing the same in Leicester

Comment

Well but of a odd one tommorow, its my Mums birthday she served in the RAF during the war, and its my daughters birthday, and she gave birth to my first grandaughter on the 5th Nov, so I am off to N Wales to see her, Prestatyn to be exact, and my elder brother will be there with his eldest, my niece and I am her Godfater so a bit of a mini family reunion, sadly not all of us, but its only a bungalow? so I will pay my respects to those that gave and made the ultimate sacrifice on my return,

I will remember them

Comment

I'll be at a War Pensions appeal hearing tomorrow, my brothers case is being heard tomorrow morning in Newcastle. We both served in the Green Howards and we will be remembering the fallen at 11am.

bobc.........

Comment

walking out of work at 5 to 11. My team are doing the same also.
          I didn't have to ask. They wanted to do it. Also, some traders are leaving the trading florr to accompany me.

We will remember them.

Comment

Just returned to the office from a wet and windy Barkers Pool in Sheffield where there was a good turnout despite the rain.

Comment

I too have stood in silence for 2 minutes for those who fell.

I parked my van and got out. To my surprise behind the van parked a bus, full of commuters. He removed his money box and got out, to the distaste of a few passengers. An old lady joined him on the pavement to observe the moment. As they stood there, a yob (I am not allowed to swear, so yob will do) got out of the bus and started to give the bus driver a mouthful. After the silence the old lady was getting back on the bus with the driver and the yob decided to carry on the abuse. The old lady did no more than look him straight in the eye and tell him the following.

" If you cant give this time for them, why did they give their time for you"

The old lady received a hand up onto the bus from the driver and lot of respect from the commuters and myself.

Gerry

Comment

All my office came to a complete silence, (council office at that)

Afterwards they made sure I was okay as for some reason my eyes started to leak. ops:

Comment

[quote="Woody"]All my office came to a complete silence, (council office at that)quote]

Surely thats not unusual for a council office is it Woody, it only gets noisy when you wake them all up?????

Comment

As the clock strike 11 the phones were switch off what is 2 mins . The only sound was the birds and the wind. My thoughts were a 1,000 miles away.

Comment

Working...
                    X