Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Roll of Honour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll of Honour

For my second NI book (prov: 'Contact. Wait. Out. Further Voices of the British Army in Northern Ireland, 1969-98') I have been building a Roll of Honour which will adequately reflect the severe loss of Army lives in, or as a result of the troubles. Since the last book in May, I have now identified 1271 names. If any member would like to see the list and advise me if they know of any omission, and wishes to e-mail me, I will send them a copy.

Best wishes.

Ken Wharton

r o h

Nice one oh he who leaps out of perfectly good aeroplanes whilst they are still going.
    I do not know if you want this sort of thing but in Nov '72 Paul 'Jacko' Jackson who is on the roll, I was joking with him that morning about my posting date to BAOR and told him I would not be getting him a beer untill i got the actual date,Never did buy him that beer.
    I wrote about it under londonderry.
    Good luck with the books mate, fair dinkum, I have mixed feelings when reading my copy, scared but having to go on and then glad I did. :?
    Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

Spanner

As always, your accounts are welcome in the book and if you want to write a personal piece on the lad that's absolutely fine. It is nice to personalise the 1300 who fell.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest best wishes, mate

Comment

does the roll of honour include those on permament strength in NI but passed away outside Ulster?
        wee mac

Smallest man in NATO. ascendit stilla, numquam vastate duplici

Comment

Weemac

The ROH includes all those who died in NI or elsewhere as a consequence of the troubles. Unlike the MOD, I honour those killed in RTAs (in the Province) accidental shootings, suicides and those who died of natural causes whilst on duty in the Province.

If you contact me directly, I will e-mail a copy of the REME ROH to you.

Best wishes

Comment

Working...
          X