Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Stand easy Lads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand easy Lads

Sorry if this is the wrong bit to post this in but as its the 20th Aniversy ( were did those years go ?) Of the hit on C company 1.L.I on the 20th August 1988.

STAND EASY LADS , WE WONT FORGET

BISHOP - Private Blair E.M. - 20th August 1988 - Aged 19.
    Killed by a bomb when travelling to their base in Omagh by coach. 8 men were killed.
    BULLOCK - Private Peter L. - 20th August 1988 - Aged 21.
    Killed by a bomb when travelling to their base in Omagh by coach. 8 men were killed.
    GREENER - Private Richard - 20th August 1988 - Aged 21.
    LEWIS - Private Alexander S. - 20th August 1988 - Aged 18.
    NORSWORTHY - Private Mark A. - 20th August 1988 - Aged 18.
    WILKINSON - Private Stephen J. - 20th August 1988 - Aged 18.
    WINTER - Private Jason S. - 20th August 1988 - Aged 19.

They will never be forgotten mate.

Capt

Comment

Griffin this is certainly the right place, and thanks for posting this - I didn't realise it was already twenty years since this atrocity occurred.

A sad and tragic loss - rest easy lads.

Comment

I have found this posting in two places now, anyway, it still goes that we on here at least will NOT forget them.
        Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

yes sorry about that i had a senior moment ,

Comment

sorry

No need for apologies Griff, better to put it on twice or more than not to put it on.
            Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

We Will Remember Them

bobc.........

Comment

Ballygawlley

Griff, maybe I've missed it or not yet found it on any thread,, but having been with 1 at the time, I find it disturbing that there seems to be no postedword of sympathy from the regiment?
                "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.”
                Salman Rushdie

Comment

well ive never seen any such thing even on our own website , but as i said before , they coumdt take us on in a patrol so waited till we were unarmed, sorry i dint realise you were in country at that time , maybe we know each other i did have a armour buddie cant for the life of me remember his name , but he did store my air rifle and midland over and under in the hq coy armory for me, as i used to teach people cly piegion every sunday .

Comment

omagh

Griff, my various REME "crews"over the period were, Ian Gri, Bob Misk', Colin Mag', Steve Yar', Mick Wak', (you will have to try to remember their full surnames) if one of them was storing air weapons for you they certainly kept it quiet from me, not that it matters now, and truthfully, I wouldn't have given a s--t then. As for me, I was the ijuit who had a red moped that was pushed more than ridden, get the memory braincell working mate. Good luck.
                    "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.”
                    Salman Rushdie

Comment

rgr yr last will work on it

Comment

Rest in Peace.

Comment

Rest in Peace, they will never be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                          X