Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Regt Band, 1RGJ, and Blues and Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regt Band, 1RGJ, and Blues and Royals

20th July 1982
    Hyde Park and Regents Park, London.

A mounted troop of Household Cavalry (Blues and Royals) in full ceremonial uniform were making their way through Hyde Park from their Knightsbridge barracks, to take up duties at Whitehall. Passing a line of parked cars at around 11 a.m., a device in the boot of one of them was detonated which resulted in a scene of total carnage. Four soldiers were killed:
    Lt Anthony Daly (23)
    Tpr Simon Tipper (19)
    L/Cpl Vernon Young (19)
    Cpl-Major Raymond Bright (36) (from his injuries, three days later)

About three hours after this attack, the Band of 1st Battalion Royal Green Jackets was performing a lunchtime concert when a device placed below their bandstand was detonated. Seven bandsmen were killed in this attack, and all surviving band members were injured:
    WO2 Graham Barker (36)
    Cpl Robert Livingstone (31)
    Cpl John McKnight (30)
    Bdsm George Mesure (19)
    Bdsm Keith Powell (24)
    Bdsm Laurence Smith (19)
    Bdsm John Heritage (29)

Rest in peace.

The verse on the card was the first 4 lines from "Music was my first love" and a very moving card and tribute.

Lest we forget
    Andy
    If Harry Black can't fix it . . . . . its fcuked

And he can't fix me

Comment

Lest we forget...

Comment

RIP.

Comment

rememberance

An infamous day, one I can never forget as I was passing through London, nowhere near the bombs, on my way to Heathrow with my familly to catch the plane to Aus.
          A foul act perpertrated by COWARDS. :x :x :x
          Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

R.I.P

bobc........

Comment

Lest we forget

Comment

A Black day Simon and Roy were friends. Mr Daly I knew I also served under his father. Taff I did not know. Went to Mr Daly's and Roy's funeral sadly I could not make Simons this is something I have never forgiven myself.

The Blues and Royals

O Lord Jesus Christ who by the Holy Apostle has called us to put on the armour of God and to take the sword of the spirit, give thy grace we pray thee, to the Blues and Royals that we may fight manfully under thy banner against all evil, and waiting on thee to renew our strength, may mount up with wings as eagles, in thy name, who livest and reignest with the Father and the Holy Ghost, ever one God, world without end. Amen.

Comment

Ever year on Cavalry Sunday a wreath is lay at the spot of this evil event . Here is Brig Andrew Parker - Bowles paying his respects to those were murder by the IRA. He was C O of the Mtd Regt at the time of the bomb .

Less we forget .

Comment

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

Comment

Rest in Peace brave lads, we will remember you.

Comment

Working...
                      X