Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

On this Day - 12th April 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On this Day - 12th April 2000

The Queen's Speech at the Presentation of the George Cross to the Royal Ulster Constabulary, 12th April 2000.

"I am pleased to be here today on this historic occasion, to present the award of the George Cross to the Royal Ulster Constabulary. This award is an exceptional recognition of the outstanding contribution made by the RUC to peace in Northern Ireland. It is a singular acknowledgement of the gallantry and courage shown and in all too many cases, the ultimate sacrifice paid by the members of the Constabulary during the past 30 years of terrorism and civil unrest. I want to take this opportunity to pay tribute to all members of the RUC - the regular officers of all ranks, the members of the full-time and part-time Reserve, and former members who have served so loyally over the years. I salute your courage and your sense of duty. I admire your determination to maintain the rule of law, and to provide a police service for all the people during some of the most difficult times in the history of this Province.

A terrible price has been paid for this brave and resolute stand."

http://www.royalulsterconstabulary.o...gallantry2.wmv

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

lest we forget
    In memory of Sgt Anthony Stephen Butcher
    my dad my hero
    sua tela tonanti
    tree number 2995

babybio18@nivets.org.uk

Comment

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

Comment

When I served in Northern Ireland they were very good police to work along side. They were very good in what they did. I will remember them.

Speedy

Comment

RIP.

Comment

Stabbed in the back

Comment

RUCGC Prayer

(Deriving from the RUCGC Crest)

O Holy Trinity, as symbolised by the humble shamrock, we give thanks for the love of the Father, the sacrifice of the Son and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. As Christ Jesus has shown us that the reward of love may be a cross, so we praise you O God for your faithfulness through times of prosperity and of adversity.

Like a harp that sounds forth in glorious tunefulness, so we give honour and thanks to those in the policing family who served gallantly and sacrificed dutifully for the harmony of our communities. Steadfast to their legacy and mindful of continuing needs, may our eyes shine with the light of hope as we embrace the future.

Lord, grant us the perseverance to faithfully finish the race, that we may receive the crown of righteousness to which we have been called heavenward. Equip us with the spirit of peace, an abundance of your grace, and the wisdom and strength to meet the challenges that may lie before us.

All this we ask in the precious name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour.

Amen.

Comment

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

bobc.......

Comment

We remember you, Rest in Peace!

Ned (Allister) Kelley

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."
                  Helen Keller

"Aucto Splendore Resurgo"

Comment

Your sacrifices and steadfast stand against the enemies of Ulster will never be forgotten.

Comment

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM...

Comment

Working...
                      X