Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

BOMBARDIER TERENCE GRIFFIN 88 ARRACAN BTY ROYAL ARTILLERY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOMBARDIER TERENCE GRIFFIN 88 ARRACAN BTY ROYAL ARTILLERY

Hi Everybody

Please in your hearts on 4 February remember my dear brother Bombardier Terry (Griff) Griffin, killed on the M62 Coach Bomb blast 4.2.1974 travelling from Chorlton Street Bus Station in Manchester to Catterick. We spent such a happy and lovely last weekend together with Terry (Griff) and his friend Len (Jez) Godden. Who was to ever know that the IRA was to cut your lives' so short. How were we ever to know that it would be our last weekend and that such a wonderfully close and loving family would be so shattered and devastated by your premature death. Even after all these years, we his family miss Terry so very much. It only seems a couple of years ago that we last saw him, how time flies by so very quickly,. I know I am biased cos I am his sister, but he truly was a remarkable human being who only had good things to say about others. However, his wicked sense of humour lives on in his three sisters.

I am so very proud that Terry was my big brother and very proud that he was in 88 Arracan Bty RA.

His tree No. 151 in the Ulster Ash Grove at the National Memorial Arboretum is truly a wonderfully comforting place to be and we his family are so grateful to those who work so hard to maintain this living memorial.

In Loving Memory of a dearly loved brother
    God bless you Terence and RIP.
    Loving sister Mo x

Mo I have come to know you and how you dealt with shuch a loss.
    Your Brother is not forgotten. He lives in our thoughts a little bit more today.
    Take care I know your other half will be giving you a big hug today so you feel safe. take care.

We shall forget .

Comment

WE WILL REMEMBER HIM

Comment

We Will Remember Him

bobc...........

Comment

RIP.

Comment

lest we forget
            In memory of Sgt Anthony Stephen Butcher
            my dad my hero
            sua tela tonanti
            tree number 2995

babybio18@nivets.org.uk

Comment

WE WILL REMEMBER HIM
              In memory of all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
              May your Gods be with you.

Comment

Never Forgotten

Comment

WE WILL REMEMBER HIM...

Comment

Working...
                  X