Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

When you go home, tell them of us ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you go home, tell them of us ..

Fus Terry Thomas .
    He was born in Paddington on the 05 November 1951. He join the RRF. He died on the 25 January 1972 . He was 20 years of age.

2Lt Howard Fawley Age 19 DWR 25/01/1974.
    Killed in land mine attack on British Army foot patrol searching field near Ballyronan, County Londonderry.

Pte David McDowell Ulster Defence Regiment (UDR) killed on 24/01/1976 aged 26
    Off duty. Shot while driving bus at British Army Vehicle Check Point (VCP), Middletown,County Armagh.

Cpl William Snaith RMP
    He came from from Sunderland he was born on the 16 December 1956. He died on the 25 January 1979 he was 22 years of age

Cpl Philip Barker RRF killed on 25/01/1981 aged 25 Shot while at British Army pedestrian check point, junction of Berry Street and Church Lane, Belfast.

Gnr Stephen Irwin RA . He came from Omagh the county town of Tyrone. He was born on the 06 June 1965. He was only 17 years of age when died on the 25 January 1983.

Pte Samuel Cairns Ulster Defence Regiment (UDR). He was born on the
    04 April 1934 in Loughgall Co Agmagh. He lays at peace in the Family Grave in Loughgall . He was 53 years of age when he died on this day in 1988.

Cpl Anthony Green RLC. He died at the age of 25 when he died on this day in 2001. He was born on the 19 November 1975 Consett

We Will Remember Them

Comment

Also....
      On 26th January 1974 at 10.20pm Reserve Constable Rodgers, aged 50, and a colleague were on beat patrol at Antrim Road, Glengormley, Belfast, County Antrim as they passed the junction with Carnmoney Road a shot was fired at them by a gunman fatally injuring him.

We Will Remember Them

Comment

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM....

Comment

Their Names Liveth For Evermore

Comment

We Will Remember Them

bobc............

Comment

remember

They live on in us.
              Spanners do it with their tools.

Comment

lest we forget
                In memory of Sgt Anthony Stephen Butcher
                my dad my hero
                sua tela tonanti
                tree number 2995

babybio18@nivets.org.uk

Comment

RIP.

Comment

We Will Remember Them
                    In memory of all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
                    May your Gods be with you.

Comment

Their memory lives on forever through this site, well done to all involved We will always remember them

Comment

Originally posted by Keihud View Post

Fus Terry Thomas .
                        He was born in Paddington on the 05 November 1951. He join the RRF. He died on the 25 January 1972 . He was 20 years of age.

2Lt Howard Fawley Age 19 DWR 25/01/1974.
                        Killed in land mine attack on British Army foot patrol searching field near Ballyronan, County Londonderry.

Pte David McDowell Ulster Defence Regiment (UDR) killed on 24/01/1976 aged 26
                        Off duty. Shot while driving bus at British Army Vehicle Check Point (VCP), Middletown,County Armagh.

Cpl William Snaith RMP
                        He came from from Sunderland he was born on the 16 December 1956. He died on the 25 January 1979 he was 22 years of age

Cpl Philip Barker RRF killed on 25/01/1981 aged 25 Shot while at British Army pedestrian check point, junction of Berry Street and Church Lane, Belfast.

Gnr Stephen Irwin RA . He came from Omagh the county town of Tyrone. He was born on the 06 June 1965. He was only 17 years of age when died on the 25 January 1983.

Pte Samuel Cairns Ulster Defence Regiment (UDR). He was born on the
                        04 April 1934 in Loughgall Co Agmagh. He lays at peace in the Family Grave in Loughgall . He was 53 years of age when he died on this day in 1988.

Cpl Anthony Green RLC. He died at the age of 25 when he died on this day in 2001. He was born on the 19 November 1975 Consett

I was only thinking about Wilf (Cpl Snaith) yesterday. I don't know why we called him Wilf. I never knew his proper name was William. Boy, he could drink. Together with Baz Downer and Charlie Barlow, we put a fair bit of money behind the bar of the mess at Clooney Base. A good mucker was Wilf and a top man, top soldier, too. I can still see his face and hear his Geordie accent. He'll never grow old or forgotten whilst those of us who remember him have our wits. Thanks Keihud.

Comment

Remember them all,proud to served along side them all.Never forgotton.

Comment

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

Comment

Working...
                            X