Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Less we forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less we forget

NA(AH) David Shipley it is not very often we pay our respect to those of the senior services today we do . David was with SNONI when he died today in 1987. He came from Drypool, Hull, East Yorks. He was born on the 08 December 1964 he was 22. His ashes now lay at Portchester Crematorium
    Portchester.

AB Mark Cartwright he died with NA(AH) David Shipley on this day in 1987 he to was with SNONI. He was born in Stafford on the 16 July 1966. I have no details of were he lays to rest.

Gnr Edmund Frank Muller Age 18 RA was K I A on this day in 1977. He was Shot by sniper while at British Army Vehicle Check Point (VCP), Oldpark Road, Belfast.

Less we forget.
    Grimster
    Webmeister
    Last edited by Grimster; 05-07-2010, 12:55 PM.

Lest we forget

Comment

lest we forget
      In memory of Sgt Anthony Stephen Butcher
      my dad my hero
      sua tela tonanti
      tree number 2995

babybio18@nivets.org.uk

Comment

Lest we forget

bobc

Comment

We Will Remember Them

Comment

We Will Remember Them
            In memory of all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
            May your Gods be with you.

Comment

Lest we forget..

Comment

Re: Less we forget

Originally posted by Keihud
                Gnr Edward Muller Age 18 RA was K I A on this day in 1977. He was Shot by sniper while at British Army Vehicle Check Point (VCP), Oldpark Road, Belfast.

Lest we forget.
                Edward Muller was posted to 49 Field Regiment Royal Artillery following his training at, I believe, the RA Depot in Woolwich and shortly after flown out to Belfast on his 18th birthday. As was the practice at the time, having missed the Regiment's NI training in BAOR, he spent a week at Ballykinlar and then the last day out with an operational unit being assessed by a section commander. (The term "brick" came in after that period) It was on this day that he was shot dead without having ever met anyone from 49 (apart from the rear party in Hohne). When the news hit the streets that we had suffered a loss we all said "who?" Tragic in so many ways, not least because there was no recognition of his loss having only been in theatre a week so not even getting the GSM and why I support the Mirror's campaign. And then a couple of weeks later George too was shot and killed. January 1977 was not a good month...

Comment

Working...
                X