Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

35 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 years

November 28th, 35 years ago today, Paul 'Jacko' Jackson lost his life doing his duty.
    I do not want to go into the politics of those responsible, I want to remember Paul as the friendly, smiling,willing bloke that he was, always ready for a bit of banter, teasing me about the posting date that had not come through for me to go to BAOR on the posting he had fixed for me. Even on the morning of the day he went out with the bomb squad he had said " If you keep asking me, I won't tell you untill the last minute." I told him that the beers were on me as soon as my date came through so he had better sort it. He said " In that case, it better be soon "
    We never spoke again.
    To me, he is still that smiling 21 year old that I knew.
    Spanners do it with their tools.

You have a good memoir of him that helps to keep his name alive. Keep it there mate. If the clouds get black you know we are here to support you.
    We shall not forget those who did not come home with us on the Ferry.

Comment

We Will Remember Him Spanner he sounds like agood mate

bobc.........

Comment

They say "the good die young" I am with you in remembering a young life lost, still hard though, aint it ?
        Geordie.

Comment

We will remember him

Comment

WE WILL REMEMBER HIM.....

Comment

His memory lives on in you and others mate ...

Lest We Forget

Comment

50 years ago today since Gnr Paul Jackson,” Jacko,” was killed whilst assisting Bomb Disposal , I still remember the last conversation I had with him that morning before going to our seperate duties, we will not forget him,

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel...
                  Because those that matter, don't mind.
                  And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

Rest easy Jacko. Another Gunner keeping seats for us in that great gunpark in the sky.
                    You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by spanner View Post
                        November 28th, 35 years ago today, Paul 'Jacko' Jackson lost his life doing his duty.
                        I do not want to go into the politics of those responsible, I want to remember Paul as the friendly, smiling,willing bloke that he was, always ready for a bit of banter, teasing me about the posting date that had not come through for me to go to BAOR on the posting he had fixed for me. Even on the morning of the day he went out with the bomb squad he had said " If you keep asking me, I won't tell you untill the last minute." I told him that the beers were on me as soon as my date came through so he had better sort it. He said " In that case, it better be soon "
                        We never spoke again.
                        To me, he is still that smiling 21 year old that I knew.
                        I have reposted this as due to hospital / medical appointments for the wife or I have passed the date Nov 28, we must remember our fallen for them and their families,

Comment

RIP fellow Gunner.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel...
                          Because those that matter, don't mind.
                          And those that mind, don't matter!

Comment

Working...
                          X