Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Mull of Kintyre 02 Jun 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mull of Kintyre 02 Jun 94

Chaps

I know that the Mull isn't in Ireland but having just passed the anniversary of that tragic day, I notice that none of the Crew or Pax on the Chinook who lost their lives that day appear in our role of honour. As you know they took of from Aldergrove to attend a security conference on the mainland but never arrived. I cannot tell you the names of the 25 pax however the crew were Flt Lt John Tapper, Flt Lt Richard Cook, MALM Grahame Forbes and Sgt Kevin Hardie. May they Rest in Peace.

Huge
    In memory of Sgt Dave Rigby (72 Sqn) 25 Oct 85 and FS Jan Pewtress (230 Sqn) 26 Nov 92. May they rest in peace, both Crewmen who have \'Slipped the surly bonds of Earth\'

Rest easy, all. You are always remembered.

Comment

Sorry guys, am a bit late with this post.

One of the guys on that Chinook was our ex CO, Chris Biles. Chris was a fantastic guy who would always listen to the troops no matter what. His wife Liz was great with the families too. I was Chris's Alpha MFC when I was Mortars and Chris was a Coy Comd when we were in Bulford.

When I worked out of Lisburn in 1993 doing covert work, I often used to pop up and see Chris in his office as he was in HQNI, we would always chew the fat over a brew in his office. Such a waste of a fantastic guy.

Yogi.

Comment

Working...
      X