Announcement

Collapse

Contact details

Effective today, the contact details for the Northern Ireland Veterans' Association have changed to the following

The Secretary
57 Mortimer Street,
Derby.

DE24 8FX

Email: membership@nivets.org.uk
Web: www.nivets.org.uk
Mob: 07368 293729

NIVA Administration.
See more
See less

Mrs Heide Hazell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs Heide Hazell

In memory of Mrs Heidi Hazell.
    On this day in 1989, German born Heidi, who was married to a British Army Staff Sergeant, was sitting in a parked vehicle outside the married quarters at Unna Messen, Dortmund when she was approached by an ira terrorist dressed in British military style uniform. The terrorist was armed with an AK47 rifle and deliberately opened fire on Heidi, hitting her with over a dozen shots. The terrorist then made his escape in a car driven by an accomplice.
    Even the most bigoted of republican supporters would surely find it difficult to claim that the deliberate and cold blooded murder of this innocent lady furthered their so called cause.
    R.I.P. Mrs Heide Hazell.
    You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back.

The scum that operated on the continent were even scummier than the scum who only played in their own backyard.

Comment

They lived up to their despicable, cowardly yellow bellied, hide behind women and kids reputation. They never had the guts to face us like men and to assassinate innocents like Heide is just obscene. Sadly, few of them were ever really brought to justice.
      In remembrance of Heide
      “Some must be warriors, that others may live in peace. ”
      ― Mercedes Lackey

Comment

This story gets to me every time I read or hear about it. When I did the very first roll of honour it was one that really struck me hard. Shed a tear or two.....

On Thursday October 26th 1989, at 6.55pm, RAF Corporal Maheshkumar Islania, aged 34, and his 6 month old daughter, Niurutimahesh, were shot dead by 2 waiting gunmen.
        The incident occurred in Wildenrath, West Germany, 10 miles west of Monchengladbach, near the border with Holland.
        Smita Islania, the child’s mother, was driving the car in which the victims were shot, but escaped uninjured. The family had stopped their British registered Volkswagen Jetta at a petrol station, when the gunmen fired 11 rounds into the passenger side of the car, which then veered out of control into a garden. The gunmen then fired through the back window of the car, before escaping in a Ford camper van driven by a third man.
        Cpl Islania and his daughter were killed instantly, the child being shot through the head.
        The killing of Corporal Islania and his daughter was the latest in a series of attacks by the IRA in West Germany, Holland and Belgium, which began in March 1987.
        From this point, up to and including the deaths in Wildenrath, there were 7 murders and at least 37 people injured in shootings, car bombings and barrack bombings carried out by members of the IRA. Several other attacks were foiled or caused no injuries. The victims included servicemen, on and off duty, and the wives and children of servicemen.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadHorse View Post
          The scum that operated on the continent were even scummier than the scum who only played in their own backyard.
          I recall visiting Ostend on several occasions years ago and there were some bars that were VERY IRA . We used to head down there if we got a 72. After one or two ructions we started stopping in Blankenberg or Liege.

Comment

makes me want to vomit.
            “Some must be warriors, that others may live in peace. ”
            ― Mercedes Lackey

Comment

Working...
            X